Mr. Rockefeller is away from Sunday evening until Friday afternoon every week while he is in the academy he’s attending. He also can’t have his phone until the people in charge decide that he gets the privilege (It’s been 11 weeks so far… come on people, it’s been long enough). So, while I’m at home, I’m staying busy so that the weeks go by quickly and so I don’t get lonely. So, here are some of the things that I do to keep me busy:
- I started a blog. I started out writing a lot more often, but I write about twice a week now. I usually go into my bedroom around 9:00 at night and write for a little while. It makes time go by really quickly!
- I started exercising. See what I do Here. This would really keep me busy if I was willing to do a workout longer than, like, 20 minutes… but it’s a start! I’m actually hoping to start working out with some friends soon.
- I’ve been hanging out with some high school friends! We’ve all moved back in with out parents in our hometown, but two of us will be moving in the near future, so we just started trying to make plans once a week until then. Tonight we visited some babies, which is pretty much my favorite activity!
- I hang out with my parents! I love my parents. They’re awesome! I moved back in with them when Mr. Rockefeller started the academy. Even if I didn’t live with them, I would be spending a lot of time at their house. I can’t talk to my husband, but I still have them to talk about my days with!
- I also hang out with my parent’s friends. My parents like to go out once a week with their friends and I’ve been tagging along sometimes. (Their kids go sometimes too.. I’m not too lame, right?) We have a nice time and it takes up a whole night of the week!
- I’ve been working on our budget. Mr. Rockefeller is making money while in the academy, I’m working, and we live with my parents, so I’ve been really working on getting some debt paid off! One loan down, a whole bunch to go! I’ve also been looking into a budget for after we move. We will likely be moving to a very expensive area, so I’ve been looking at apartments and jobs in those areas to see what we’re in for. It’s actually kind of fun (and scary)! I’ve also been pinteresting to find money saving ideas, like couponing and DIY cleaning supplies.
- I’ve been watching a lot of HGTV. I love watching The Goldbergs, Last Man Standing, and a couple of other shows, but HGTV has been my go to since moving back in with my parents. I guess I’m truly an adult now, since I like home renovation shows. It’s a channel that’s actually appropriate most of the time!
- I send my hubby a text every night. I tell him all about my day and tell him how much I miss him. It’s nice for me because I get to tell him everything important without forgetting by the time he gets home, and it allows me to give all my attention on the weekends to what he has to tell me about the academy. He always has plenty of stories! I can’t wait to hear about how his swift water rescue class goes this week… Ahh!
- Pinterest. I love pinterest. Like, really love it. Time can fly when you’re looking at baby names and quotes and DIY projects. You should have seen my boards when I was planning our wedding!
- And.. of course, work keeps me busy. I work at least 40 hours a week with a 40 minute commute each way. My job is mentally/emotionally exhausting a lot of the time, so that can sometimes be enough to keep my mind going until bed. I do have to take some time off before I quit to move… but I won’t complain. I’ll find something to keep me busy!
That’s about all I do right now, but I’m hoping to continue to stay busy. 17 more weeks to go! Then things will be crazy, with having my husband back, him starting work, and preparing to move! I do have some other plans for the next 17 weeks. I’ll be preparing and having a big yard sale within the next couple of months. My great grandparents are coming home for the summer, so I can go visit them! I’m also hoping to keep up with cleaning a little more. We are living in a tiny bedroom, so it gets a little messy pretty quickly. I will also probably join a volleyball league again this summer, which is super fun!
If you have any more ideas for me, let me know in the comments! What do you like to do that keeps you busy?